Re: Ugly ugly ugly 4th quarter

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Alex Wang wrote:

> I actually thought that Antoine played better than a 5-14 night
> would suggest. Yes, we don't like to see 1-6 on threes, but he
> wasn't taken crazy ones; the ones I saw were open three pointers
> created from other people's offense. He had hit 47% from downtown
> to that point so an open 3 from Antoine is a shot that works in
> the offense. Other than that, he actually got to the line by

I know Toine can hit 3's, but when he misses them from straight on, there
is usually a long rebound, and last night that led to a lot of Piston fast
breaks.  In fact, if the Pistons hadn't blown a couple of 5 on 2
opportunities, we might not have been able to tie it up in the third.  It
seems to me that Antoine should only shoot the three when the shot clock
is winding down or to loosen up his defender to give him a chance to drive
on his next possession

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu
	  Saratoga Springs, NY