Re: Celts to replace Parquet Floor?

Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I hope all the curmudgeons totally roast the Celtics
> for this.  Bad enough to get rid of the hallowed
> parquet floor (why?  does anybody have a clue?) but if
> you are going to replace it, it has to look identical
> to the old floor.  What morons!  Is there somewhere we
> can write to protest?

Why?  To cut down on twisted ankles and injuries from the uneven
surface might be one good reason which would interest the Celtics.

If they get a newer surface they'd probably make sure it's easier and
quicker to set up, which the set-up crew would appreciate, and which
would make it easier to hold other events on the same day as Celtics
games, which the FleetCenter would appreciate.

I agree that if they do it they should give it the same look as the
current one.

If you read the article more carefully, you'll see that 9x4 is
NOT the only dimension they've looked at.  It says:

> Some of the samples that have been brought to the FleetCenter for
> examination are much bigger, some 4 feet by 9 feet.

SOME are bigger, meaning SOME are probably the same size.
SOME of the bigger ones are 4 by 9 feet, meaning most are probably less.

Also, it seems to imply that the impetus for this has come from the
FleetCenter as much as from the Celtics.  It seems like a joint thing,
and Pitino was not even aware it was happening.  The article leaves
some doubt about who's really pushing for a new floor.

Jon Mc