Some analysts recognizing their mistakes

Some folks are already recognizing their mistakes in evaluating
the Celtics so low before the season started.  A few days ago I
sent the list a message that I sent to Sportsline after reading
their power rankings and their evaluation of top rookie of the
year candidates.

Here's an excerpt of what I sent to Sportsline:

> What has not been surprizing to Celtics fans, players and coaches, but
> which must be a surprize to all the analysts picking the Celtics for
> close to last in the conference, is the Celtics excellent team play
> resulting in a 2-0 record.  In Boston we all expect the Celtics to make
> the playoffs this year.
>
> During their 2 undefeated summer leagues and their competitive
> preseason, the Celtics have shown vastly improved conditioning and team
> play over last year.  Rick Pitino has been preaching conditioning and
> team play constantly for over a year, and has even brought in Bill
> Russell to drive home the team play point and help the big men.
>
> Since the Celtics have such vastly improved talent and training than
> their last full season, 2 years ago, in which they won 36 games, why
> are analysts expecting so little of them?
>
> I expect the Celtics will rise from 24th to the top half of your power
> rankings before the season is over.

Now here's their new power rankings... looks like my prediction for
the season came true after only one week!  The Celtics are now in the
top half of their power rankings!  I love how they start out with
"Apologies are certainly in order to the Boston Celtics".

Jon Mc