Re: Turner gone?

Wow. I wasn't impressed by Turner but I didn't expect him to be
waived since Pitino was supposedly grooming him for further down
the road. But truly, if the Celtics wanted a point guard for the
future to groom, they are likely to find a better candidate using
one of their three first-round draft picks in the next two years.

Overton is definitely not a point guard for the future - he's here
for the present. He's 6-3, 190 lbs, and 30 years old, with seven
years of experience in the NBA. He's been essentially a backup type
player his entire career. Career stats of 4.9 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.2 apg
on 42% FG, 83% FT, in 14.8 mpg. It looks like he hasn't shot the
three-pointer well since the line moved back but shot successfully
from the old line.

Alex