thoughts

Random thoughts about the Celtics TEAM:

They are a team with role players who understand their role. Any member of
the team on any given night could light it up or suck, but at least there's
more than one option.

Why was I tearing up reading the Sports section this morning? I am so
thrilled to have a team that EVERYONE can believe in. I'm not sure if I
want others to jump on the bandwagon or not, but boy has the suffering been
worth it if this is the payoff.

What a beautiful team to watch. I watched the Knick/Bulls game afterwards
and it was sloggy and boring. I really believe that if the Celtics continue
to play this brand of basketball, they will beat any team who doesn't want
to run or play defense (and there are still a lot of them out there).

Chemistry and the Chemist: Rick Pitino just may go from Mad Scientist to
Genius soon. This team plays together and they are all pulling for each
other. Since everyone gets to play, everyone is happy. That helps
chemistry.

AW and KA were the question marks. So far, the questions have been answered.

Rick likes his players to have PhDs....poor, hungry and driven. Griffen is
from playing in the CBA, but so is the rest of the team from playing on the
Celtics and Nuggets. AW said he is tired of losing. Now that this team has
a way to win, let's hope that he sticks with it!

Kenny played with joy and reckless abandon last night AND he fouled out.
He had a double double.

The Raptors and the Wizards both had the same excuses after the game. The
common denominator is the Celtics. The Celtics are playing team defense and
it's the biggest reason that they are winning games (that and the fact that
they are in shape to do it).

Sweet.

Theresa