Re: NY Post trade rumor

In a message dated 11/4/99 1:48:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dajubo@earthlink.net writes:

<< n Wednesday's NY Post it was reported that the Celtics, Knicks
 and T-wolves discussed a deal that would have resulted in the
 Knicks trading Chris Childs and Latrell Spreewell and receiving
 Terrell Brandon and Paul Pierce in return. (No further details were
 provided). It was further stated that the deal was quashed by Pitino.

Sounds like a rumor started by a Knicks' fan - I don't even think a
SPORTSWRITER could think such a trade was equitable.  I'd take Pierce over
Sprewell anyday - even if he never choked anyone - and Brandon is a major
upgrade over Childs.  Since the other 3 names involved all make more than
twice what Pierce makes I guess we must have been "throwing-in" Antoine as
well.

George