Re:Pressey

    If Griffin is the second coming of Pressey (the all-purpose glue of Milwaukee's
Marques Johnson, Junior Bridgeman, Quinn Buckner, Bob Lanier era) that's fantastic.
Based on the preseason, I was thinking along the lines of Keven Gamble or Blue
Edwards, two 6-5 hybrid journeymen who surprised me at least with their relatively
mistake-free, productive but unexceptional play in the early 90s.

    But so far Griffin sounds more like Pressey, Mike O'Koren or Bobby Gross (dare
I say Hondo or Bill Bradley). It's one thing that he's averaging 3.0 steals, 5.5
rebounds and has yet to miss half his shots in any game. But Griffin is also
averaging 6.0 assists on a freaking 12:1 assist/turnover ratio.

    If he plays to 75% of this level throughout the season, he'll be a more
valuable player than Ron Mercer. I'm probably saying this mostly for effect, but
it's true I think.

Yo Adrian!!

Joe

p.s. reading any Celts digest in which you, Dan Parker and others contribute game
insights offers fans like me so much more than what I'd get from the sports pages
or any other resource. In fact, it's not even a contest. This is all I need to
check out in order to stay informed, other than the video's I get sent long after
the results are in. I'd actually be willing to pay you a subscription, if you
eventually forced it on us. :-) Just wait until this Celts bandwagon starts to
swell this year or next, and you might be in business!

****