Re: NBA.COM TV

At 08:35 AM 11/3/99 -0500, Dan Forant Sr wrote:
>NBA.COM TV surpasses all expectations. 24 hours of NBA is going to help
>pass the winter here.

I'm not as enamored with it as Dan but it doesn't suck either.The good
definitely outweighs the bad!  It is a tad to busy for me overall but I
like the game updates with video highlites. The overall screen image is a
stat geeks dream with the latest game info constantly scrolling at the
screen bottom sorta like the Deuces "Bottom Line" while standings and
season stats are flashed on the bottom right of the screen which just
showed me that Waltuh is leading the league in FG% with a blistering 85.7
after his 3 point clinic!! The top right of the screen flashes the schedule
of games and tells you whether or not it is a League Pass game by using the
designation NBA1  NBA2 etc. It makes it easy to decipher what channel your
game is on as on DSS the Pass games are on the same channels each night so
for example tonights Celtics/Wizards game is on NBA1 so the game will be on
721 and Pistons/Magic are on NBA2 so the game will air on 722 and so on . I
shuddered when they debuted last night with MJ's valet as studio host but
was relieved when Carlos Diaz and Matt Devlin were introduced as our tour
guides through the opening night games. I didn't recognize either of the
sports anchors but they were smooth and did a really good job so I assume
they were up and comers plucked from local markets.If anyone is familiar
with either Mssrs. Diaz or Devlin I for one would appreciate you feeding my
knowledge on their experience/bios etc. I see unlimited future potential
for NBA.com especially when the video footage from the massive NBA archives
is put to good use!! I salivate at the thought of adding some great vintage
Celtics stuff to my collection!! Overall I give its debut a solid B plus
with the potential for an A easily attainable.!! If you can get it then by
all means check it out. Lastly for those Out of New Englanders that get the
Pass. I was bummed and surprised that the Pass chose the CTV feed over the
FSNE Celtics feed and hope it isn't a portent of how the broadcasts will
air this season. I assumed that with FSNE having all Celts games that they
would just use them. Oh well at least we get to see them all. I just turn
down the sound and turn on Real Audio!! Later.Mike and as always GO CELTICS!!!