Dee hits the sauce

Raptors guard charged with impaired driving

                          TORONTO -- Toronto Raptors guard Dee Brown was
charged with impaired driving after
                          getting pulled over for speeding, the team announced
Tuesday night.

                          Club spokesman Dave Haggith said prior to Toronto's
season-opener against the Boston
                          Celtics that Brown was charged Sunday night while
driving north of the city in his Ford
                          Expedition.

                          Haggith said Brown was pulled over for speeding and
subsequently failed a breathalyzer test.

                          Brown, who led the NBA in 3-point attempts and field
goals last season, is on the injured list
                          after having arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.
He was on the bench Tuesday wearing a
                          sports coat.

                          "It's a personal issue for Dee," Haggith said. "The
team will do all it can to offer whatever
                          help he needs."

In other news, Percy "Master P" Miller criticized Raptors management and
players after he was cut. Thank God we no longer have to negotiate with that psycho.

And, Pat Riley called cutting Keith Askins "the hardest decision I've had to
make with the Heat," calling Askins "the epitome" of what the team is about.
Isn't Askins the same guy who sucker-punched Doug Edwards from behind in a
game against Atlanta in 1993, and who once spit on a fan?