Re: prediction

> Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 08:26:20 -0800 (PST)
> From: kasper nine <kaspernine@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: prediction
>
> for those of you predicting 36 wins--or a number very
> close to that one--i have a simple question for
> you...you think this team is only as good as the one
> that pitino inherited two years ago?  after all, i'm
> sure you know that that team won 36 against a
> considerably tougher conference...with mccarty
> starting at 3, declerq at 5, and a hybrid rook playing
> point...and no bench whatsoever.
>
> just some thoughts to chew on. peace, -K9

Pitino's first year the C's had excitement, a new coach, and a few young
promising faces with potential. Now we have basically the same cast with few
improvements, wasted draft picks, and overblown contracts.  Kenny "shadow of
my former self" Anderson. Antoine "I'm cocky and irratic but I can do the
chicken dance" Walker, Out of Service "I had one good season in the NBA but
I'm rich" Pervis, Fortson on the injured list, Pitino on the hot seat with
loads of empty promises and seemingly out of touch with players, personnel
movement, and the game in general.  No one wants to play for the C's anymore
(especially veterans which Pitino thinks we need), loss of tradition, even
Boston area fans are watching Patriots and Red Sox more than than the once
beloved C's.  Yet people on this list are predicting 40 and 50 wins.
Eternal optimists are great, but lets be realistic people.  Only positives I
see are Paul Pierce and um... Paul Pierce.  Hopefully some of these long
term contract people Minor, Barros, Pervis will be gone soon so we can stop
using the salary cap as an excuse for poor personnel decisions.  Then again
I could be out of line...

Go C's..yippie