Trades...........

All,

Okay so we do the Penny Hardaway trade and then we're left with the
possibility of having to add another point guard to the team...

The Clippers are obviously keen to get Tony Battie and they also require
a point guard. Would a trade of Battie and Dana Barros for Rodney Rogers
and the #4 pick in the draft be out of the question??

We could draft either Andre Miller, Baron Davis or perhaps hope that
Steve Francis was still available. Either way they all seem to be pretty
good quality point guards..

If it did happen (both trades) we would be left with

Center - Vitaly Potapenko
Power Forward - Rodney Rogers
Small Forward - Antoine Walker
Shooting Guard - Paul Pierce
Point Guard - Penny Hardaway
Sixth Man - Our #4 pick rookie

Second Unit

Center - Popeye Jones? Pervis Ellison? Eric Riley? Free Agent?
Forward - Rodney Rogers
Forward - Walter McCarty
Guard - Greg Minor
Guard - Damon Jones [would play limited minutes due to the Rogers/#4
substitutions]

I see Penny liking this deal a lot as it would mean that he wouldn't
have to play the point guard position on a full time basis. With Abudato
having something to do with the Celtics, Penny would have a chance to go
back to his best- much the same as Chris Webber in Sacramento this
season with Steve Fisher (former Michigan head coach) an assistant.

Rodney Rogers would really become a part of the second unit, but would
be a starter and a substitution (depending on matchups) of Rogers for #4
pick point guard taking place sometime from 4 minutes to 8 minutes gone
in the first....

Thoughts?

Warwick