Penny? Do it!

>Peter Vecsey just reported on NBC (halftime of Pacers/Knicks)
>that the Celtics are seriously considering offering Ron Mercer
>and Kenny Anderson for Penny Hardaway. Vecsey noted that Richie
>Adubato, who coached Penny, is a friend of Pitino's and endorsed
>Penny to him.
>
>Alex

You know, the more I hear/think about this move, the more I like it. Look,
there certainly is a question about Penny's head, but there is absolutely
no question about his talent. And to be honest, this franchise can't afford
to turn down a talent like Hardaway. If you're going to roll the dice, at
least take a chance on somebody with Hardaway's talent. This team hasn't
seen a player as accomplished as Hardaway since...well, let's just say it's
been a long, long time. So...Hardaway for Mercer and Anderson? Do it. If
this team is going to ever go deep into the playoffs, it's going to need
players with Hardaway's skills. Anyway...Sprewell and Rider certainly
haven't hurt their teams.

Paul M.