Rodney Rogers?

>Until the Celtics start winning again. - Mishra

Well, that does seem to be the problem...now doesn't it?

Concerning the following:

>And don't be surprised if a sign-and-trade
>deal involving Clippers forward Rodney
>Rogers for Boston's Tony Battie isn't done
>soon as well. (Even if the Celtics are
>planning on signing Ron Mercer, then
>trading him.)

Is there anybody on this list who thinks Rogers will be a better player
than Battie in two or three years? Does anybody think Rodney is that much
better than Tony now? What exactly does Rogers do that Battie can't? This
team needs a big man who can defend the rim. Which player does that better?
Is everybody convinced Battie won't be a better offensive player than
Rogers? I know I've gone on and on all year about El Busto, and no, he's
not a "saviour"....but he did develop as the season went on and with
another year of work, who knows? Rogers is a certifiable
disappointment/semi-stiff. I keep reading the words "Celtics," "Mashburn,"
and "Rogers" in the same sentence, and I can't help but think Pitino is in
some kind of time-warp. These players aren't in college anymore, Rick.

Paul M.