Re: ESPN vote

In a message dated 5/28/99 11:40:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
bocelts@usit.net writes:

>  At the ESPN web site you can vote for the most compelling match up.
>  There is both Bird/Magic and Russell/Chamberlain.  I guess my age shows,
>  but I voted for Russell.

  I haven't visited the site and probably won't, but I wonder:  did Bird and
Magic generally match up against each other?  Bird was a forward and magic a
guard?  Now, Wilt and Russ went mano a mano more times than we can remember.
Me?  Wilt/Russ, maybe Robinson-Lamotta (if that's a choice.)
   On another note:  farewell to Utah.  Karl, I hope you come back.  A player
of your stature should not exit the league with such a clunker of a game.
You deserve better.  And even in defeat, I found Stockton magnificent.