Re: Nice Article On Future Celtics Point Guard Andre Miller-Reply

Hi Ryan, he kind of sounds like a sober, no-frills version of Mark Jackson (who
definitely helps NBA teams win no matter how maligned his foot speed is). Maybe
a KC Jones type player also. Isn't it kind of funny though to read Andre Miller
joke about how slow he is and how weak his shooting is? Pretty candid guy, I'm
sure his agent's hair is falling out by the handful.

Still I'm still not exactly sure why Andre Miller is projected to go as much as
40 to 50 picks higher than Beaver Country Day's Wayne Turner, who apparently
will be available even when the Celtics finally get the 55th pick (the third
from last pick in the draft) according to most player rankings I've seen. That's
unless another team is smart enough to spread a credible rumor that they intend
to draft Turner a bit sooner, in order to pry a player or future pick from
Boston. I admit I've only seen Andre Miller play once (last year) so I don't
know much about him other than his team usually comes out on top. But all the
Majerus players play smart, fundamental basketball, not just him.

We definitely need a backup pointguard, preferably one who projects as a future
starter on a playoff caliber team. I still favor a trade into the 1999 first
round in exchange for a future first rounder, although it looks likely that all
of the top five point guards may be gone in the lottery round (a pick we can't
necessarily afford to trade up that high). Maybe a Jason Terry will still be
available in the seecond half of round one, since he's a senior and was a
low-profile player until this year. I don't know.

Have a good weekend.

------