Re: NBA All-Star teams, etc.

Warwick wrote:

> All-NBA worst team
>
> Center - Danny Schayes

Isn't he the team physician? :)))))

> Forward - Jerald Honeycut
> Forward - Andrew Gaze

Hey Warwick, what did Gaze ever do to you - refuse to play for Australia or
something?  :)

> Guard - Rhodrick Rhodes
> Guard - Mark Milic
>
> All-NBA white team (sorry for those who dont like this)
>
> Center - Vlade Dade he likes to party Divac

Vlade may move faster than Sabonis these days, but in head-to-head matchups
over the years, Sabonis would always eat Vlade for lunch. I'm too lazy to
look up this year's head-to-head matchups, but if you look at the regular
season numbers, Sabonis still edges Divac out when you adjust for minutes
played, and that's on a much better team.

> Forward - Tom Gugliotta
> Forward - Keith Van Horn
> Guard - Jeff Hornacek
> Guard - John Stockton

No Jason Kidd? Isn't he white?

> All-International Team
>
> Center - Dikembe Mutombo
> Forward / Center - Vlade Divac

Vlade is a U.S. citizen. If you didn't mention Olajuwon here for this
reason, then you shouldn't include Divac. (BTW, I have nothing against
Vlade, except being a little tired of listening to the endless sob stories
about how he gets only a few hours of sleep these days. Heck, I'm sure a lot
of us get too little sleep, and not many of us have the opportunity to take
a nap during the day if we choose to do so.)

> Forward - Toni Kukoc
> Guard - Eric Piatkowski

Since when is Piatkowski an international? Being of Polish descent doesn't
make one an international, does it?

> Guard - Steve Nash

Hey, isn't Canada part of the United States? Just kidding...

Now that you mentioned Nash, that reminds me:

NBA's All-Soccer team:

Goalkeeper: Hakeem Olajuwon
Star Midfielder: Steve Nash
Unskilled enforcer who elbows people in the head on aerial balls: Karl
Malone
Little winger who always dives in the penalty area:  John Stockton
Vitalyi Potapenko (not sure what his position is, but Tommy said he's better
at catching the ball with his feet than with his hands, so I have to include
him. Besides, that's Celtics content)