Re: Schadenfreude/May Sweeps in LA

In a message dated 5/23/99 8:35:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
callmebogie@yahoo.com writes:

<< I am concerned that the Knicks' success
 and the likely availability of Baron Davis at pick #4 have eliminated
 the two most promising suckers -- er, takers -- for Kenny Anderson's
 fat contract.  Anyone else have any bright ideas? >>

I think the Knicks' run will end abruptly in the next round and they will be
looking for a starting point guard.  I think Childs and Dudley for Anderson
and some cap garbage would be good for us.  Dudley can back up VP - he's a
good defender & rebounder, and Childs can alternate with Barros at the point
giving us a defensive stopper there who can also score.  The Knicks need
someone to take Herb Williams' spot on the bench so maybe Pervis can pack his
bags.  We could still look for a PF with our exemption and possibly even get
Wayne Turner to learn while on the injury list.

C   - Potapenko, Dudley, Battie
PF - Walker, Battie, FA?
SF - Pierce, Walker, McCarty
SG - Mercer, Pierce, Minor
PG - Childs/Barros, D.Jones

IR - Popeye (taking Pervis' place), Turner (taking Garnett's place)

George