On Malone & Pack

With connections to both of these guys, I offer the following:

Pack is a good guy, very anxious to have a career apart from injuries
and a very good choice for a second point; but we would need a third
because of his injury difficulties; probably not the best idea.

Karl has disappointed me, but while I have seen an evolution to the
use of his muscle in calculated "hard" shots, I believe he has reacted
in frustration that he takes a lot of cheap shots and is only evening
up the field.  Like others who play tough and mean at times, he is a
good guy off the court.  I don't like taking shots that could injure
someone, but I think I would clear out those who took advantage of me.
 (If you've ever played with or watched closely the treatment
superstars get from every team bully, you would agree that they take a
lot.  Some return it.)  The shot to Joe Klein and the shot to Grant
were beyond what I think is good for the game and the league.  Still,
I'm at home in my easy chair.

Gene