RE: Utah-Portland (R)

Not to disagree with Warwick in principal and now agree with our friend
Noah, but there has not been a better all around player in Porltand, with at
this point a pure spotless off court persona than Brian Grant, in some time.
This man is everywhere in charitable activities setting a very respectable
example.

Whether he is a brute on the court, please don't let our collective like and
respect for Malone cloud the matter, but Grant did nothing out of line in
any game versus Utah so far this season.  I like and respect the Jazz and
Malone/Stockton one heck of a lot, but remember back to the informal player
polls of earlier in the decade as to who was the dirtiest players in the
league and Stockton of all people was #1 every year, and Malone was always
in the top 5.  Sure they are pure HOF material and deserve some success, but
Malone gets away with murder most nights and certainly Malone versus Grant
following The Jordan Rules will always favor Malone PERIOD

Grant does not have the reputation of being an on the court thug, maybe
Wallace deserves this tag a little more, and there has been few dollar for
dollar successes better than Brian Grant this last season.  As a PF he would
be a fantastic addition to the team.  He completely dominated a number of
big games this season, playing the pants off Rodman at least twice.

Sorry to rant, but Grant didn't deserve the depth of the criticism and
taking rose colored glasses off still leaves Malone as a all time HOF, but
because of this is certainly no saint, and he knows it.

Greg