Wallace as Power Forward

>>> Ellie Cutler <ellie@oreilly.com> 05/18/99 10:49am >>>
If RP is in the hunt for a forgotten PF to add to the stable, how about
John Wallace?

Who do we want? Give me John Wallace anytime.  <<<

I think that Wallace shows a lot of promise as a young player, but he's
definitely undersized for a power forward.  The problem is that he's only
about 6-7 and 220 pounds (FWIW--I'm a Syracuse University fan...don't
be fooled by all of the "6-9, 230 lbs" measurement listings).  I see him
potentially developing into as a poor man's James Worthy-type (read--a
post-up small forward), but he would have a difficult time defensively as
a full time power forward, IMO.

He is a clutch player though, and can score in bunches when given shot
opportunities.  Toronto has a logjam at the "3" with Wallace, Carter, and
McGrady, so maybe they'll look to dump some salary in the offseason.  I
wonder if some kind of swap could be concocted that would dislodge
Oakley, as well.

Ryan