Re:

> Yeah, but what the hell did Philly do with that pick? They traded Keith Van
> Horn to Jersey for Tim Thomas, who they traded for Tyrone Hill; and Jim
> Jackson, who they thought so highly of that they traded to Golden State for
> Joe Smith, who left as a FA. What I'm saying is, Philly basically got nothing
> out of that lofty draft pick (no disrespect to Tyrone Hill) and still are in
> the 2nd round of the playoffs.

No, they traded him for Tim Thomas, and a lot of CAP SPACE. They dumped
a huge number of bad salaries on the Nets and used the cap space to sign
Matt Geiger. So they got Tyrone Hill (who was an All-Star once and still
a solid contributer, not "basically nothing" as you imply; he's certainly
someone who could help the Celtics) and Matt Geiger, who despite all the
bashing on the list is a legit center. The 76ers' front line is a big reason
why they are in the second round of the playoffs.

Alex