Re: Now the pressure's really on Rick.

> I am waiting for the day when RP will realize that the problem is not
> with his team but with that inflexible system he runs. After all, just
> ask, how good a system can be, if 80% of the NBA players don't want to
> be part of it.

Have anyone actually done a poll of NBA players and asked, "Would you
be willing to play in Rick Pitino's system?" Where does this 80% figure
come from? It was recently noted in the Herald that veterans such
as Richmond and Chuck Person have actually sent notice to Pitino that
they were interested.

> I have been reading all these posts on trading rumours and wondering
> how about doing nothin for a change. We have a pretty talented bunch of
> players how about letting them play and develop some chemistry.

This has been brought up recently, the idea of "developing chemistry."
But you want to let the players develop chemistry only when you've put
together all the major pieces of the championship team. I don't think
the Celtics have that core yet. If you decide, regardless of that, to
let the players gel by maintaining continuity, you'll find out in three
years or so that you have a cohesive team that has no championship chances.
I say, make the major moves that are needed to put the championship team
together, and then don't touch them.

> I will bet, if Mercer and Battie are traded, the C's will aquire more
> in salaries then they otherwise would, had they signed them both.

I'm not sure how this would be possible given that the trades supposedly
have to match salaries, approximately, unless you are picking up other
players on the last years of their contracts. If you trade them for
veterans, you are going to end up paying less for the same or better
talent, probably, because young kids like Mercer and Battie get paid
(or overpaid) based on their potential and their longevity.

Alex

> I am watching the post-season with interest and am really impressed
> with the play of the Kings and the 76ers. I think the 76ers are going
> to give the Pacers a run for their money. - Mishra
>
> PS: I don't like steals, because it makes a defensive player gamble and
> messes with the defensive formation.
>                                         [Larry Brown]

Doesn't Larry Brown's team lead the league in steals?