Draft

I was looking at the Kings roster since they played so well thus far.  I
see the ingredient that the Celtics lack.  Veterans.  They have two
players, Divac and Maxwell, who have playoff, and I think, finals
experience, which we don't have.  They have young players who are good
athletes, which we have.  The question is, can they be there long term.
I don't think so, but maybe.  However, if we got the right veterans,
kinda like when Reggie White went to Green Bay, we could have the team
for a number of years.  Chemistry is the question here.  And I don't
know the answer to that.

And neither do all of us gms here.  How could one know that Charlie
Scott and DJ would work out in Boston?  How could one know that Parrish,
McHale and Bird would work out together?  (I remember moaning when they
traded for Parrish because I thought he was a waste. And being upset
that they were wasting the pick on McHale, I had never heard of him.)
So either Red knew chemistry, he was lucky, or both.

The real question is, can Rick figure out the chemistry factor and sign
the right free agents, or make the right trades.  I wouldn't want to
have his job for the next two years, for sure!
--
Bentz
bocelts@usit.net

http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw