RE: Pippi's Big Disappearance (or was he ever really there)

Sorry if I conveyed the wrong impression about Barkley. I like the man,
although whenever he opens his mouth, he invariably sticks his foot in
it.
All I am saying is that the *hunger* which drives you to win
championships is probably gone from Olajuwon and Pippen, leading to
their playing carelessly/negligently - take your pick. So Barkley has to
step up and exhort these guys to do more and last night, when the
Rockets beat the Fakers, you could see Pippen and Barkley recapturing
some of their lost glory. Kobe, the man who is going to supplant Micheal
Jordan in this league, was running around looking like a chicken with
its head cut off - did you see the behind-the-back pass from Pippen to
Barkley (for a layup) and the way Scottie blew by Kobe on the next
possession?
My desire to see Pippen play for the Celtics stems from the M.L. Carr
(who?) era, when our go-to guy was Dee Brown or Rick Fox. I *lost* that
desire when Walker was picked, and I would not wish to see Walker,
Mercer or Pierce traded for Pippen now, but it still doesn't mean that I
don't consider Scottie a good (almost brilliant) player in his hey-day.

venkat