Re: Holley: Celtics Must Make A Trade

To take Rich's statement a little farther......

If Walker can play that kind of defense, as he did once against Tim
Hardaway, WHY doesn't he play defense like that all the time?

To me this is Walker's biggest failure as a player, he refuses to do
what it takes to win.  Pitino's spinning that Walker is so damn
"competitive" isn't reflected in his team or personal  effort.  Only in
his attempts, one-on-one, to the detriment of the team in many cases,
does he show competitive flashes.  And frankly, he isn't good enough
yet, if ever, to carry a team which is why, IMO, he is not the leader of
this team.

(His improved FT's at the end of the year are a start in addressing his
lack of effort)

I hope for his sake, more than the fans sake, he learns to lead by
example instead of by big talk that he chooses not to back up with his
play.

To compare, in any sense, Walker with T. Williams is silly at best.
(Nothing personal intended to who ever wrote that)

I mean really, Walker isn't even the "go to guy" on the Celtics let
alone if he was on a team with proven talent.  Based on his
deteriorating performances over the last couple years if he doesn't get
a grip on what's required to win in professional sports he'll be
compared to D. Coleman more likely then T. Williams.

Does anyone really think that Walker is more then an inconsistent, under
achiever since the end of his first year?

Webber has proven that "you" can turn it around with a commitment to
hard work and 100% effort on the court.  I hope that Walker can become
that kind of player someday.

<Jim