Re: Battie and brother -Reply -Reply

>>> <j.hironaka@unesco.org> 05/12/99 07:33am >>>

FWIW, neither was Jerome Williams.  Or John Thomas for that matter (a
good role player on our bench last year). <<<

Oh contraire, Joe.  Jerome Williams led the Big East in rebounding as a
junior and was a consistent double-figure scorer at Georgetown for his
two years of eligibility after transferring from a junior college.  He was a
vital cog in on a Georgetown team (also featuring Allen Iverson and
Othella Harrington) that was consistently ranked in the top-ten
throughout his collegiate career, en route to being a first round draft
selection.

The similarity between Derrick Battie and Jerome Williams begins and
ends with the fact that they are both role players.  The difference is that
Williams is an immensely talented role player, whereas D. Battie was / is
not.

Hey--hopefully I'm wrong and Battie #2 (or should I refer to him as #1,
given his elder-ness over Tony) will end up turning out to be another
pivot "gem" off of the scrap heap like Thomas Hamilton.  Or Schintzius.

Ryan