Re: coaches

DJessen33@aol.com wrote:

> > Well, if we listed all the stupid things Pitino wanted to do, but was saved
> >  from himself by others, the list would be no less "impressive". How about
> >  angling to draft Dirk Nowitzki in lieu of Pierce, or thinking of trading
> >  Pierce for Potapenko, for starters? >
>
> I have to say I'm impressed with your ability to cast a negative spin.

Thanks for the compliment (I'll assume it's a compliment).

> Take a
> grain of truth and run with it. The fact that nobody knew Pierce would be
> this good doesn't matter when you mix partial truth into the spin.

How's it partial truth? Both are facts, as is Pitino's initial reluctance to
take Pierce at #10 - he had to be persuaded by Lester Conner to do so. As
for nobody knowing that Pierce was this good, how many people'd projected
him in the top 3, some even at #1? I'd say a majority. Besides, I was simply
responding to Josh Ozersky's comments about some the stupid things M.L.
thought of doing. My point was, so did Pitino, if you pick out the worst
ones.

> Have you
> ever thought about helping out someone's political campaign?...

No, but... Look, I don't have an agenda, I don't hate Pitino (although I do
dislike his authoritarian tendencies), I don't wish his failure - I simply,
like most of us here, want the best for our team. I don't think that
accepting Pitino's gospel on blind faith and worshipping his every move is
healthy for the team. He NEEDS scrutiny from the fans, the media, and the
ownership alike for his own good. Frankly, I never anticipated that my
unwillingness to genuflect in our Sun King's direction would generate so
much controversy on this list. It's a simple idea, really - that his job
performance be evaluated like anybody else's, as opposed to giving him a
carte blanche because of his lofty NCAA (sic!) reputation.