Larry Brown

Larry Brown has definitely done a good job building the 76ers,
because I think he had a straightforward concept in mind.
Build a tough defensive team and give the ball to Iverson on
offense. And he traded youth for veterans, just like Pitino
is now thinking. He traded Van Horn for Tim Thomas and the future
cap space to sign Matt Geiger, essentially. He benched Thomas in
favor of George Lynch, another veteran with less gaudy stats and
"potential", and then traded Thomas for Tyrone Hill, another
veteran. And the Stackhouse for Ratliff trade was possibly the
steal of the year. I'm sure that Pitino's hoping to pull something
similar off with Mercer.

Alex