Re: coaches

--- You wrote:
>From: KK <Kestutis.Kveraga@Dartmouth.EDU>

>> Did you see RP's reaction when a reporter asked him if he
>> evaluated his
>> own performance? He looked ready to sic Leo Papile on the poor scribe.
>> "What?! ME? Evaluate myself??? Are you crazy?!!!"

>No I didn't see that, but I'm always very impressed when list members are
>able to read minds like that.  You get a lot of that with Antoine Walker.

I did not NEED to read his mind - he actually said something very similar to this in his last post-game press conference.

> Actually, I remember Pitino was more than willing to take a large share of
> the blame when the team was preforming badly in March.  I heard him say
> things like "I haven'e preformed very well".  Everything I've heard about
> him leads me to believe that he's the type of person to constantly evaluate
> himself.  So, I think you're way off base here.

No, because I don't claim that he DOESN'T evaluate himself. I agree that he constantly evaluates himself. Why else would I hope for an improvement in his job performance? This was a comment on how he reacted to what he perceived as a criticism of his performance, which was very similar to the reaction his fans have when he is criticized on this list.

<snip>