Re: coaches

I'm through with defending Pitino, since I think most
of the scorn directed at him is more pathology than
criticism.  But since ML had the gall recently to join
in the chorus, and KK is now speaking up for him, I
want to point out three things about his "success" in
the draft.

1)  The pick that would turn into Antoine was offered
by ML to the Chicago Bulls for the right to talk to
Michael Jordan, on the off chance that he would
un-retire to play for the Celtics.

2)  Carr wanted to trade the pick that became Antoine,
along with next year's top pick (Billups/Anderson), to
Toronto for the rights to Marcus Camby.

3)  ML previous to that tried to swap the pick that
would become Antoine for New Jersey's which would have
Netted us, at best, Kerry Kittles