RE: coaches

So if I understand this correctly; if RP doesn't get the team over even some small hump in the next season we should continue to just sit around expecting it to get better the NEXT season?  Who the heck knows what or whom the next great coach in this league will be, but standing pat doesn't cut it either.  Were you all so upset about seeing Ford, Rodgers or Carr go, to want to keep them around one more year to maybe make it to the next level?

I like Rick a whole bunch, have no interest in beating him up for things he might have zero control over, but in this world (and in the post Russell world of the Celtics, circa 1970), and would be the happiest guy in town to see HIM take the team all the way.  Clearly it would be making it, and why not to have Rick do it, because if he can't then we to a degree start all over again, right?  So the point remains, defend Rick to the end, in the horrible position whereby he might actually fail, but recognize at what point will be to come to that conclusion.

I don't laugh about this matter, it is too damn serious and personally I am sad to think it can be taken so lightly.  Joke and laugh all you want about some other team, where the expectations aren't as high, but you won't be seeing any early parties in Indiana, Miami, Orlando and Utah if they lose, because to one degree or another these teams know what it means to win (at least the coaches at the helm) and THEY aren't going to take losing so well, laughing out loud when they go home a loser this year.

All for all those who pass on this season as some kind of joke, the team that wins it all won't be thinking like that, nor will the one who lost to them.  A title is a title and personally I am getting very tired with some having such low expectations.

IF you consider yourself good sports fans and of course Celtics fan run don't walk out and get this weeks issue of SI, buy 2 and pin the cover on the wall and everyday look at it and remind yourself of what was and what we expect to be again, and if after reading this you still want to make excuses for failure, then do it somewhere else please.

We are talking about the Boston Celtics Basketball Club are we not?

Greg