Re: coaches

Also, most of the great teams of the past, which is the hope we have for our
guys, have had SOLID centers/rebounders, save for the Bulls.  We have not
had a decent center since the Chief.  That is precisely why Rickyboy went
after the Veep when he had the chance.  Whether or not Veep can be the
consistent rebounder we need is still in question in my mind.  He has shown
some offensive skills, but he is still a defensive ? AFAIC.

Another issue I'd like to bring up concerns the potential trading of Mercer
and the ramifications of moving Toine to the 3 spot.  I am very concerned
that some of the quicker 3's in the league will just plain beat his ass off
the dribble, resulting in either someone stepping in to pick up the foul, or
just an easy bucket.  I am trying not to be a doubting thomas, but that
thought scares the shit outta me.

Someone else, probably Dan F., mentioned that Mercer fails to drive to the
hoop with any authority and they doubted that he could.  Perhaps the
shellacking he took from Popeye last year and the couple of shots he took
this year which resulted in minor injuries, while taking it to the hoop, has
something to do with it.  I do not question his courage and we do not know
what Pitino has told him to do.  He may have been instructed to pull up on
the drive unless there is a clear path.  We are not privy to lockerroom
conversation, and if that were in fact the case, I doubt that information
would be dropped so that every other team would be prepared for it in
advance.

And did anyone happen to see highlights of Vince Carter last night?  He
performed several Walkeresque gyrations after made baskets.  I think we
better get used to that stuff in the future.

Cecil

My ICQ# is 12716333
Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/12716333 (go there and try it!)
Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen
12716333@pager.mirabilis.com