Re: SURVEY

I agree with Dorine, I don't think we need to trade anyone. We have the
players, the thing we need is to get everyone on the same page. Also maybe
redefine some roles. We have some players who don't seem to mind being
physical or doing the dirty work - Potapenko, P. Jones (when healthy), G.
Minor & McCarty. We have scorers - Walker, Mercer, Pierce & Barros and we
have distributors - Anderson, Barros, D. Jones, Mercer & Pierce. We have
athletes - McCarty, Walker, Pierce, Mercer. Maybe RP should sit all these
guys down and make them watch tapes of Bird, Russell, Magic & Jordan (1st
half of the game when he was tiring to get his teammates going). Watch how
these guys work to get their team going, subverting their games to improve
the team play. Help them see the value of team 1st, me 2nd. RP should help
these guys realize it's not who starts the games it's who finishes. Of the
players on our current roster there is a "DREAM STARTING LINEUP", but that
does not always win the games and ultimately the championships. You look at
the championships teams, for every Jordan there is a Ron Harper, for every
Kareem there is a Rambis, for very Dr J there was Bobby Jones, for every
Bird there is a Parrish. Guys like the CHIEF or R. Harper who subverted
their game for the greater good of the TEAM. All this talk of trading for
veteran influence is baloney. We have veterans in Anderson(7yrs),
P.Jones(5yrs) & Barros(9yrs), so what we need is continuity and consistency.
 To me a great starting lineup would be - Anderson, Mercer, Walker, P.
Jones(if healthy) & Potapenko backed up by Barros, Pierce, McCarty, Battie
and maybe Riley. So on both teams you have rebounders, defenders &
distributors. On both teams you have high energy players to execute RP
scheme. So let's back down just a little bit and realize the GREAT BOSTON
CELTICS were not torn down in a day so we need to be just a little patient
about it being put back together.
All BIG GREEN fans know there was a down period between Russell, Cousey &
Hondo and Bird, McHale & Parrish and although it is taking to long to get
back, the CELTICS will be back!!!
   Jeff