From: Douglas342@aol.com [mailto:Douglas342@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 1999 3:48 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: 6th man

    All this discussion about bringing Mercer off the bench hearkens back to

teh quote from Kevin McHale that someone (maybe me) posted a couple of
months
back.  He said that winning isn't top priority among today's players, bur
ranks somewhere behind minutes played, shots taken, and ad contracts
obtained.  A "true Celtic" would be happy to be sixth man extraordinaire if
it meant winning games.  Mr. Mercer...?
    (Of course, most veteran players would feel the same way.  Ask Bill
Walton, Clyde Lovellette or Bailey Howell!  Ask Terry Porter.)