Re: Final RP show etc.

DJessen33@aol.com wrote:
> >  He says that Popeye Jones made a good
> >  observation that there are too many scorers in the first unit and too few
> >  in the second. (Yes, this is obvious). The nonscorers should have another
> >  specialty: rebounding, defense, etc. He mentioned point guard and center
> >  as possible 0.5 scorers. >
>
> It really scares me that Pitino has supposedly just come to the realization
> of something that I have pointed out since the beginning of the season...

Yup, and he needed Popeye to tell him this?

> It is kindof scary that playing time and position is not given out based on
> what is best for the team. When it seems obvious that Battie (or some free
> agent PF) should be the starting PF with Walker at 3 and Pierce at 2, all we
> can hope is that Mercer is traded to solve the starting lineup problem.

It was amazing how Ricktator cut the reporter down and made fun of him, as
if moving one of the Not-So-Big-Three out of the starting lineup was the
stupidest suggestion one could possibly make in this situation. I, like the
"stupid" reporter, had mistakenly assumed that the coach decides who starts
and who comes off the bench; apparently, it's not the case with the Celtics,
at least insofar as Walker, Mercer, and Pierce are concerned.

> Kindof amazing that a team that grades out a A, A-, B, B, B+ also gets the
> label "stinks"...

...also, that Mercer gets a better grade than Pierce or Potapenko.