DJ sighting

Nice to hear DJ doing well. If anybody can tell me why he's not still a
Celtics assistant, I'm all ears. (Think he could teach Kenny Anderson a thing
or two about defense??)

LA CROSSE, Wis. -- In a move described by La Crosse Bobcats general manager
Diane Bosshard as "a winning combination," three-time NBA championship guard
Dennis Johnson on Monday was named coach of the only team not to make the CBA
playoffs.

Johnson, 44, helped the Seattle SuperSonics to the 1979 title and the Boston
Celtics to crowns in 1984 and 1986. A five-time All-Star, he also played for
the Phoenix Suns during his 14-year NBA career.

One of the NBA's best defenders, Johnson has never been a head coach, but he
was an assistant with the Celtics from 1993 through '97.

"The CBA is all about opportunity," Bosshard said. "We have an opportunity to
have an experienced coach with a winning tradition, and we provide Dennis an
opportunity to work in a field he loves."

A member of the All-Defensive first or second team for nine straight seasons,
Johnson has the task of improving one of the league's worst defenses. The
Bobcats allowed at least 103 points in seven of their last 11 games.

La Crosse was the only club in the nine-team league to miss the postseason
after going 21-35.

[What kind of bush league lets 8 of 9 teams make the playoffs??]