Re: Peter Vecsey Said, If The Celtics Trade Anyone...

Hi all,

Just back from a week of sun and fun in the Dominican Republic.  The weather
was wonderful.

If the C's trade Mercer, I wonder where their production will come from.
Nobody else can shoot coming off a screen with the exception of Dana.  I
used to think once upon a time that Minor had the potential, but his minutes
are so limited, he's very reluctant to take a jumper, from what little I've
seen.

I think we are making a mistake in trading him, but, Charlotte traded Glen
Rice, so I guess anything is possible.  I sure hope that we are able to get
something more than "serviceable" in return.

I also hate the thought of trading one of our only consistent free throw
shooters for someone like Terry Cummings, who has a year or two remaining in
his career, at best, and who might collapse trying to fit into Pitino's
defensive style.  I'm not saying TC couldn't do it, but rather isn't it odd
to ask that of a player who is one of the elder statesmen in the league at
the age of 38?

Besides, if Vecsey said it, I pray that just the opposite happens.  This
team is experiencing growing pains, and we all know it.  Nobody likes it,
but it's the reality and we should be prepared to live with it, at this
time.  I would prefer to trade Walker to the Griz for Abdur-Rahim.

Cecil