Re: Calling names...

Hi Jaime,

Just dont believe in everything  you read.  Did Pitino really do the
things that was reported by Michael Holley in the Globe yesterday? How
sure are we that Mr Holley is not just fabricating all these  in the
name of sensational journalism?  I dont trust that guy really....before
the opening of the 99 season, Ray said that Holley claimed on WEEI that
he would come out with a great bomb of a news in his column.  Til today,
am still waiting for that earth shattering news. If you checked out the
Herald today (Saturday), Antoine already went  to SEMI defend Pitino and
was upset about the one who leaked SOME HALF TRUTHS and the concoction
of LIES.  I like what Antoine did, he's now asserting himself as a
captain.  Even Kenny gave a piece of his mind and MADE IT APPEAR that he
was not the source of the leak. So who's the whistleblower?  Maybe
Holley hasn't come up with a catchy name yet for his imaginary anti
Pitino player.  Bottom line, not everything we read are gospel material.

>I hate to say this.  But if pitino would just call names all the time
on his player/s, that would just dampen the spirit(if there still is) of
the player and would rubb off to others and would only divide the team
more!  If he's the leader he shouldn't act like a fag!  if he's the
leader he should be the most patient on his team.  if he's  a good
leader he should motivate by setting examples and not demoralize players
by calling names and act like a kid/fag.

*** Did Pitino really label any of the Cs with deregatory nicks?  Even
'Banana Boy' was not coined by Pitino. Were you referring to the
'Cowardly Lion'?  I would say that was just a figurative form of speech
and not to undermine any of his players. I am CERTAIN that Pitino never
called anyone a fag.  And in what way did he act like a fag?  Patience
has its boundaries, even the most patient ones in this list also get
exasperated due to the losing skein.  You are the one of the first who
preached about patience and giving these kids some time because this is
OUR team and we should support them come hell or high water.  But in the
past few weeks it was apparent that you are also getting tired of losing
AND extending patience .  Can you blame Pitino if he rants once in a
while?  He has every right to do that since he ACTUALLY is part of the
action and is feeling the heat.  Unlike us, we are just mere specators.
Calling Pitino a fag would be all right, Jaime?  Where do we draw the
line about the negativity of name calling?

Still a Pitino believer.