Kenny, not Pierce, the culprit

I disagree.  I think the culprit is Kenny.  Reasons:

1)  I don't think Pitino would attack someone as young
as Pierce in that way.  It strikes me as something a
man like Pitino would only do to an equal.

2)  Pierce is far too good to give up on yet, and has
too little experience in the league to be really angry
at.  Also, Pierce doesn't strike me as a liar, even if
he is a little soft at times.

3)  One of the remarks one of the players made to
Holley was that "no team in the league" has to live
with bed checks.  How would Pierce know that?  A
well-traveled veteran like Kenny would, however.

4)  Pierce clearly cares a lot about basketball.
"People are aren't passionate about the game of
basketball" don't cry after losing a game.  The
statement about "if I get my points I will play
defense
from last week" seems more applicable to Kenny as
well.

5)  Holley has said on the radio that Anderson would
be
the one to go.

I think that Pitino is realizing he made a mistake in
dressing down Pierce.  As Red Auerbach used to say,
"it's not what you say, it's what they hear."
Probably
he didn't blame Pierce for losing the game, but that's
how the kid took it.  I think Pierce probably also has
high expectations for himself, and missing shots, etc.

are upsetting deeply to him.

Re Pippin:  Pippin is probably the best all-around
player in the league along with Grant Hill, and he is
being used as a spot up shooter and post feeder in
Houston.  He certainly can't be blamed for being upset
about that.  (Imagine Larry being asked to play a John
Paxson role in an offense!)  Pitino would make the
trade in an instant, and would be right to do so.