Re: Wow

I agree WOW!

I'm not sure if I want to guess who Pitino is talking about.  However
there is only one Celtic who is not with the team, who is on the
roster.  And he is "out of service" as Danny so aptly put it.

I don't think that Pitino would damage the trade value of a "uniformed"
player by making a statement like that in the press.

I still don't want the the core group traded.  The rumor of Marbury for
Anderson and Mercer was interesting, but I'm tired of head cases.  I
like Nick Van Exel from Denver, on a fantasy league team, but I'm not
sure I want him on the Celtics.  I don't just want basketball players, I
want Celtic basketball players.  Give it 2-3 more years unless you think
these guys aren't potential all-stars or will continue to regress
through next year.

I wouldn't mind adding Oakly, as someone else suggested.  I think the
Celt's can add to the team without subtracting.  Scott was a great
pickup by the T-wolves, on a 10-day no less.

 I think these type players can bring the stability these youthful
players need in crunch/tough times.  We need tough, smart, proud
veterans.  Quiet leaders. Not necessarily "big names".  Not necessarily
players with more than 2-3 years left in the tank.  Players who have
looked adversity in the face and then spit in it's eye.  Add in a couple
drafts and a couple "new veterans" in a couple years that want to join a
contender and you have a great scenario for contending in the playoffs
in 3-4-5 years.  This core group will still be way under 30 then.

Speaking of which, why would the Rockets want Mercer?  Dickerson is
playing as well if not better.  Pippin isn't adding much there and I
don't see what he would add here.  I don't see him as the "stable
veteran" we need.  He seems to be contributing to the lack of chemistry
down there.

<Jim