RE: Defense starts at the point

I don't see that attitude prevailing (we must trade player X) right now
in the Celtics' camp. The attitude I do see prevailing is that the coach
wants the players to perform to their potential. How he sets about doing
it is obviously open to comments, but Pitino has his method and he is
sticking to it. I take some comfort from the fact that other teams are
not performing to their potential as well (the Nets), while others have
far exceeded expectations (the Magic and the Blazers).
The problem, and perhaps I am oversimplifying the case, seems to be a
loss of confidence on the part of Walker and Pierce and a coach who is
impatient in trying to deal with this loss of confidence. Players do get
into a blue funk for no apparent reason; they'll get out of it given
time. But while they are down, encourage them to get up, don't yell.

venkat