on booing

I admit to having booed in my non-illustrious fan career.  It's
instinctive with me and I mostly boo opposing players, coaches, and
refs when they deserve it.  Rarely have I booed my own team.  Still, I
accept it as an occasional "wake-up call" of value.

But this is not that time.  The players and coach know they stink.
They are trying to get out of a hole.  No one benefits by tanking.  If
it were my kids out there, I would understand that they were trying
and encourage them.  Of course, that's hard for 18,000 people to agree
on and try.

I guess that paying customers feel a greater need for instant
gratification than do those of us who follow on ESPN.  I can afford to
be patient.

Gene   (Josh, thanks for the perspective & the perceptive comments)