Re: Questions

In a message dated 3/25/99 9:37:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gkir@tjc.tyler.cc.tx.us writes:

<< Do you see evidence of not trying out there?  16 of 17 free throws
 means something; outrebounding Minn. means something
                 <snip>
 When I see massive inconsistency in the entire league and some
 quality teams (Sonics) in a funk, I wonder if we've just hit a bigger
 hole than others.  >>

I agree. That is not to say that I think we have the right mix here but I
don't think they've quit. The other night when the Knicks got walloped and
were booed by their fans, Jeff VanGundy said he understood it but the players
were "fragile emotionally right now" and that's a VERY veteran team. Team
after team is getting upset and/or blown out here and there. With the young
teams it's happening more often. It goes to prove that you can't just lace 'em
up and go out and play NBA basketball. This season is a travesty. Rick was
looking for veteran leadership from Popeye & Kenny. Popeye's a non-factor and
Kenny has been as out of sync as anyone (well not as anyone after last night).
The guys who thought they could just go out there and play like an all-star
(Walker) are getting a major reality dose.

I think this team needs a lot of work on their game and a little work on their
roster but it has players who will either be part of the resurgance or will be
the bait needed to get those players. Tell Kevorkian never mind!

George