Re: WEEI Antoine Walker Conspiracy Theory

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> The following conspiracy theory has been advanced
> by WEEI's Glen Ordway:
>
> Antoine Walker has had it with Pitino.  He wants out of here,
> and has spoken with David Falk about the situation.  Walker
> and Falk have taken a look around the NBA and they see the
> one team that has enough cap space to afford him, is Chicago.
> Chicago is Walker's hometown.  Alright, Walker thinks, and
> he forces Pitino, by completely tuning him out, to move
> him to the Bulls.

I despise Falk as much as the next guy, and am not a big fan of Walker
(although I don't advocate trading him), but this duo did not make the Celtics
go 2-11 in March. It's amazing what kind of stuff the Boston media will come
up with to cover their darling. This is not to say the attitude of Walker,
Anderson, or whoever could not be
part of the problem. However, how do other NBA coaches manage to successfully
incorporate and use players with personalities far worse, IMO, than Walker's?
Players like Rider, Webber, Rodman, even Sprewell?

> It's a possibility I suppose.  The C's get Chicago's first, and
> draft someone like Elton Brand or package the pick with other
> players for an impact veteran.  Sure, why not...

Sure, cycling through half the players in the NBA and counting on some kid
still in college to "save" the Celtics will get us the coveted 17th. What's
the turnover on this team in the past 2 years? How many players, including the
ones he dumped to sign a "savior" known as Travis Knight, or to get those
coveted 2nd round picks, has our coaching/GM'ing prodigy gone through? All
"bad apples", scheming, team-undermining bastards with a loser's
mentality...Instead we're now enjoying a winning mentality, at 8-16, and would
be winning even more if it weren't for those remaining 8 or 10 "cancers" on
this team. Let's get some CBAers on 10-day contracts, maybe they'll listen to
the greatest coach/GM in basketball history...