Re: Mea Culpa's from Rick?

At 07:14 AM 3/24/99 -0900, you wrote:
>us exactly what he thinks he's doing wrong. What exactly are his mistakes?
>I've heard, "they're young"..."they're fat"..."they're selfish"..."they
>don't pass"..."they've become predictable"...So...how exactly has Rick
>screwed up?

He is the coach. It is his job to cause change in ALL those factors other
than then being young. Sure some of it is up to the players but it is the
coach's job to make sure the players work on and correct those flaws.  If
players could do it on their own they would not need a coach. The last
championship Celtic teams for example probably could have won without a
coach or even with ML Carr as a coach.

If the players will not listen to him they (the players) must be "helped"
to listen. If the coach can not make the players listen either the player
or the coach must leave. Period. End of story. It's time for Rick to either
take over or leave. There is more talent in that team than the record would
suggest. Of course the owners need to back him if he decides to take over.

 Alfred C Thompson II              These opinions are mine and may not
 Teacher, Life Long Learner    be shared by organizations lucky enough
 act2@tiac.net                 to have me as a member or employee.
 http://www.tiac.net/users/act2/