Trade for Mason

After Charlotte traded away Rice to the Lakers, their GM mentioned
looking forward to a lineup of Campbell, Mason, and Coleman. But my
feeling is that this isn't really going to be the most effective
frontline as all three of these guys are PF/C types that play more
inside. So my guess is that they'll be willing to part with Anthony
Mason in the offseason, for a natural small forward. I'd say that
the Celtics should seriously consider pursuing him; he is a proven
veteran that rebounds, defends, draws the double team (and passes
effectively), and scores inside. I know there are downsides, like
his age (32) and his fights with Cowens. Probably such a trade would
involve giving up Pierce or Walker though; I doubt that Kenny Anderson
would be sufficient. But it would be a nice change to have an
All-Star caliber post player to complement our perimeter players.

Alex