no longer lurking

hello celtics fans

i am a 48 year old, die-hard celtics fan, living in florida but originally
from boston. i have a box full of "celtics pride" magazines that i gave to
my cousin 2-3 years ago to bring up to boston to try to sell. he has not
had much luck so i thought i would see if any of you are interested. the
issues are:

vol. 4 #7-20
vol. 5 #1-20
vol. 6 #1-20
vol. 7 #1-20
vol. 8 #1-20
vol. 9 #1-20
vol. 10 #1-6

after they stopped making the large magazine format, i stopped saving them.
pls note they have the address labels in the front. also, just to avoid
being judged for coming out of full lurk just to make a buck, all proceeds
will go to my cousin unless someone wants to trade something good for them.
pls let me know if anyone is interested.

now for my celtics resume. i grew up near boston where my father sold
sneakers for the randy company. they made green-soled bob cousy basketball
sneakers that were rather popular in the late 50's-early 60's. as a result
of his position in the company, he was the one to negotiate, perhaps, the
first sneaker deals with cousy, the celtics team and later on, oscar
robinson (royals-colored soles, blue, i think.) during my teen years, i was
able to go to celtic games at the garden fairly regularly. i attended a
season opening party in 1963 after the first game where cousy was
autographing his new book, "the last loud roar". he made the inscription to
me and my father and it remains one of my prized momentos (my dad passed on
last summer.) at the same party, russell refused to sign for me. i attended
the clincher against the lakers in 1965 when the celtics opened the 4th qtr
ahead by 16 and proceeded to score the first 20 points of the 4th qtr
against west, baylor, etc. i've been hooked on the c's ever since. my last
game at the garden was larry's 3rd qtr return in the 5th game against
indiana in 1991 to shut chuck person's mouth once and for all. last season
i took my then 7 yr old son jonathan, a raging celtics fan, to miami arena
and introduced him to the cous, who remembered my dad and was kind enough
to give us another autograph, 34 years later than the first one. we also
met russell last year and paid good money for an autographed picture but
also had the chance to chat. i told him that i considered him the most
successful athelete in the history of team sports. he commented that the
part about team sports was the highest compliment i could give him. well, i
have more stories and could go on but "i got blisters on my fingers" (my
son and i are beatles fan's too.)

grateful to be able to lurk on this list

jim shane
jimshane@compuserve.com