Scouting the Bambies

Tonight's opponent, Milwaukee is yet another current playoff caliber
team which logic dictates we can beat. As far as I'm concerned, it's
also another "must" win for us.

Despite being in second place in the Midwest Division (12-9), the
Bambies are thus far beatable at home (6-4). During their current
four-game losing streak, the Bucks have been outscored 106.3 to 96.0;
outrebounded 55.8 to 42.5; and outshot 50.8% to 48.4% from the field.
The opponents have handed out more assists 24.8 to 18.5; had more steals
9.5 to 8.3 and committed fewer turnovers 15.5 to 16.5.

The Does are projected to start a "vertically challenged" lineup of
Tractor Traylor at 6-7, Glenn Robinson at 6-7,  Ray Allen and Michael
Curry at 6-5, and Vinnie Del Negro at 6-4. The tallest, healthy players
on their roster are newly acquired 6-11 guard/forward Tim Thomas, 6-11
Ervin Johnson, plus 4-11 Rudolph, Donner, Dasher, Vixen.... Hopefully,
Potapenko is already gearing up to go "Deer Hunting" tonight like his
favorite actor Robert DeNiro. I think the Celtics can count on bagging
12 fresh road kill tonight. Okay, okay, enough really stinky deer
metaphors.

In the end, the Celts obviously will need another inspired team effort
to win, keyed by rebounding and stopping the three-point shot. I hope
Paul Pierce will be healthy.

Go Celtics!

"1999 Playoffs or Bust"

****