Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:44:05 -0800
From: "Odegaard, Greg M." <GMOdegaa@rmc.com>
Subject: RE: avoid the  stereotypes!

Not living in the South, but having visited numerous areas of this region,
from the biggest cities to the smallest backwaters, it is an area I have
some concern for, so at the same time don't discount my true feelings for an
area in our country that depending on your persuasion and what business or
private environment you happen to be in, can be a very disturbing place to
visit.  I grew up in an extremely ethic diverse and tolerant area, and all
my visits to our wonderful SE part of this country have left me glad to come
home.  Please understand that I have as much concern for the Civil war
fighting brethren down south as any other group.  In fact it is their
behavior both to themselves, northerners or there neighbors that is most
disturbing.