We've been dissed

I know we haven't been winning as of late. But it really ticks me off when
cheap shot artists come crawling out of the woodwork. When we start to run
up some games at home I hope Shawn O'Neal chokes on his words.

JC

By Shawn O'Neal
SportsLine NBA Editor

When it happened, the Boston Celtics' March 1 home loss to New Jersey
looked like an insignificant blip on the radar screen for a team that had won
three in a row and was starting to play well.

Now, it looks like the three-game winning streak was the anomaly.

Say this for the Celtics -- they've lent some clarity to an otherwise muddy
Eastern Conference playoff picture. Over half the season remains to be
played, but by dropping seven of eight as the week turned, Rick Pitino's
team has done a nice job of separating itself from the contenders.

Not only would the Celtics be out of the playoffs were they to start this
week, they'd have to jump Washington and Cleveland before even thinking
about New York, Detroit and Atlanta -- the three teams tied for the final
playoff spot.

Things could get worse.

They have two games that should be automatic wins this week -- home
dates with the Clippers and Bulls -- but also have to travel to face New York
and Milwaukee. They then go to Cleveland, host Minnesota, travel to
Philadelphia and host Indiana.

Don't worry about saving your money for playoff tickets, Boston fans.